About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Glowing Rocks

I had this brilliant idea to make glowing rocks. Thought they would be cute out in the garden an we could look out the window each night and admire them.

Step 1) I bought some river rocks and glow in the desk paint from Michael's and a bit of newspaper and a paint brush at home and we were set. 


Step 3) Paint the rocks (coat with acrylic spray if you are going to leave them outside.)

Result: 

There were 2 very difficult parts to this craft. First, photographing this glowing rock was very problematic! Second, I learned that it takes more than one thick coat of pair to make these rocks glow. I would recommend letting your kids do a coat, then going ack and doing 2 or 3 more costs later on.

If you do this let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment