About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Black Bean and Rice Burritos

Made a delicious, healthy, vegetarian, dinner tonight. (And my husband ate it and loved it!)

Black Bean and Rice Burrito
Ingredients:
1cup uncooked Rice
1can (low sodium) black beans
A few Green onions
2 Roma tomatoes
1Tbsp Lime juice
1tsp Cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tap pepper 
1 1/2 tap chili powder
A few cilantro leaves
Lg tortillas (gluten free or regular)
Shredded cheese


Cook rice according to directions.
Meanwhile, dice tomato & green onions.
Open and rinse black beans well.
When rice is done stir beans, onion, and tomato. 
Add the seasoning. Add more seasoning and adjust to suite your taste. 

Place rice mixture into tortilla and sprinkle with cheese, roll up, and take a big bite!


Note about options: 
1)this can be a gluten free meal by simply opting to use gluten free wraps. 
2)fresh cilantro is the best option, I grow cilantro, wash, dry, chop of the leaves, and freeze in small bags it so I have it on hand when I need it. 

frozen cilantro leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment