About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Fastest Way to Cut a Watermelon

I have been asked often about my watermelon cutting techniques so here is a quick tutorial on how I cut up my watermelons so quickly. 


Step one: Cut the watermelon in 1/2
Step 2: Face the watermelon pink side down on the cutting board and start to slice off the sides in downward motion removing all of the white rind and the least amount of pink as possible.


Step 3: Carefully cut the 'top' off removing the white and leaving as much pink as possible.
Step 4: Trim and excess white rind that you see on the melon.


Step 5: cut the melon into slices. Thicker for larger cubes. Thinner for smaller cubes.
Step 6: Lay down a few slices at a time (2 or 3) and slice the opposite way to make cubes. 

Then place the cubes in a container and continue until the melon is cubed. Repeat with the second half of the melon. I can do a large melon in about 2 minutes and I find that this gives me the least amount of waste. 

Hope this technique works for you. 
Do you use this method or do you do something else? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment