About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Brownie Waffles



Here I am at 11pm craving chocolate, its way to late to heat the oven, make brownies, and wait for them to cool. So here's a chance to use another Pinterest pin!!! 

I recently read a pin about '23 things you can cook in a waffle iron'. 

So tonight we are making Brownie Waffles! 


Mix brownie mix according to package.


Pour the mix into the waffle iron just until the base is covered.


Cook for 5-7 minutes. The brownie waffles are soft but you can tell they are ready by doing the touch test. (If it bounces back to the touch they are ready.)


Getting them out proved to be a challenge but after trial and error I found the two hands, one with a fork and one with a spatula, worked the best. 


As the brownies cool they firm up and resemble the usual brownie texture.

Next time I will be sure I have ice cream on hand. These would rock topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!


What else have you cooked in a waffle iron?

No comments:

Post a Comment