About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Melted Crayon Art

A big shout out to my friend Laura who first attempted this and inspired me to finally give it a try too.


For Melted Crayon Art you will need:
-canvas on a frame (you can find at any craft store for a few $)
-crayons (crayola work the best)
-vinyl (if you wish to make a shape or letter under the wax)
-hairdryer or heat gun 

materials

I used my Cricut machine to cut the letter I wanted on my frame and placed it on the canvas.


Use hot glue to adhere the crayons to the top of the canvas.


Using the hairdryer or heat gun aim at the bottom of the crayons but with the air flow moving in a downward direction. It will take a bit for them to start melting but once they do they will melt quickly!


I found that the dark colors overwhelmed the lighter colors. On my second attempt I used a spare crayon to add some of the lighter color. (See picture below) It was so easy to melt it and drag the wax to the area I wanted. I recommend doing this!!!



After the wax was melted and dry I removed the vinyl letter.


Here is the s finished product:


I'm very happy with how this turned out. The only draw back was that my daughter didn't participate much due to the hot glue fun and hot melting wax. This is a fun craft for adults and older kids 😃 but not the little ones. 😕

Have you tried melted crayon art?




No comments:

Post a Comment