About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentines Door Decor

My daughter took this picture while we were in the midst of this craft. Thought I would share it. It gives you a sneak peak at my crafting desk… This area was semi clean, usually you can't even see the surface of the desk. 


Step one in this project is to cut out hearts. I used my Cricut machine and cut out a variety of 2" 2 1/2 " and 3" hearts in different shades of red and pink.


Punch holes in the hearts. Some in the top some in the side. It gives the finished product more variety.


Pick a ribbon, thread or twine. I chose to use a twine I had picked up during the holidays from the dollar bin at Target. The red and white lent well to the Valentine color theme.


Thread a heart on to a length of thread and tie to securely at the bottom.


Thread second heart on and tie above first heart, continue repeating this process.




After the first strand was totally finished I wised up and found it was easier to just thread a small loop through the heart over the area I wanted the heart located....


…then just simply pull the string through. 
Much faster!


We hung four of these I front of my daughter door.


No comments:

Post a Comment