About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chop Salad Recipe

This is one of my all time favorite salad recipes. 
Better yet, it makes a great all in one meal and only takes 15 minutes to make and serve. 


Ingredient list:
Head of romaine
2 cups cooked pasta
1 cup chicken Brest Cooked & cubed (great way to use up leftovers!)
4 green onions diced 
2 roma tomatoes diced
3 tablespoons real bacon bits
1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese 



Start some water boiling for the pasta and toss in the pasta when it's ready. 
(I use gluten free and happen the like the little rings.)

I like to start with a crisp fresh head of Romaine (I'm not a huge fan of iceberg).

Chop the whole head up onto nice bite size pieces and toss into a bowl.




Make sure everything is diced and chopped. 

When the pasta is done drain it. I recommend cooling it under cold water before adding it to the salad.

.....then toss everything together!



My favorite part about this salad is it is so flavorful that it doesn't need any dressing. But if you are a dressing kinda person my husband does love this with poppyseed dressing.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment