About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Friday, July 12, 2013

The Minions are coming!

My daughter loved the first Despicable Me movie and has been asking (begging) to see the 2nd movie. I wasn't willing to spend the money on a trip to the movies today but a minion craft was received with much excitement! I checked Pintrest and the web but Minion inspired crafts were few and far between so I decided to make my own.

Supplies
blue, yellow, and black construction paper
scissors
goggly eyes
marker
glue
popsicle sticks


Step 1:

Cut several rectangular shape with rounded edges.
Trace and cut a piece of blue to cover the bottom 1/3.
Cut two small rectangles.


Step 2:
Glue the "pants" on the Minion. 
Add the overall straps.
Use a marker to add the button on the overall strap.
Add eye(s).


Even my husband couldn't resist participating in this craft.
Step 3:
Use marker to add goggles, hair, or other accessories.
Add arms and legs by using scraps of paper to cut hands, arms, feet, and legs.



Step 4:
Put glue on popsicle stick and attach to back of Minion.


Now you have your very own group of Minions to do your bidding! 


What fun crafts have you come up with? 




1 comment:

  1. I love these paper minions!! They are so cute! I featured them over on my blog tonight, you should head over and check them out!
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete