About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Free onions

Did you know you can get free onions! (Well you do have to grow them.)

In the spring and buy a package of 200 onion bulbs for a $1.99 and plant them in my garden because I love having green onions. They require very little care to grow, just occasional water if there us a dry spell, and then you just pull them up when you want them. These cost pennies a piece compared to the 10 for a $1 pay for at the store.


Here is the free part: Chop off the ends (roots plus 1/2 an inch to 3/4 of an inch) and replant them right back out I the garden. 


Just use your thumb to make a one inch hole, insert the onion roots down, cover with dirt, water, and walk away.


In a few weeks time you'll have another set of green onions!


*Note: Green onions are very hardy. If you don't have a garden bed you can also grow them in a container on your deck backyard as long as they plenty of sunlight.

Do you know any other good garden tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment