About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes

Sunday afternoon dinner at the in-laws and I was bringing dessert. I was craving chocolate cupcakes but only have a recipe for vanilla. So where do I go? The wonderful world wide web!

I stumbled onto a website called Delicious As It Looks with a recipe for chocolate cupcakes. First of all this blog has some amazing and delicious looking recipes. I pinned a whole bunch of them to try in the near future. For today I was only focused on the chocolate cupcakes, I happened to have all the ingredients on hand so i decided to go for it.  


Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups pure cane sugar
1 3/4 cups Sweet Rice FlourBlend 
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup organic canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water


Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard cupcake pans with about 30 liners, or lightly grease.
2.Thoroughly combine the sugar, flour blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large electric mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Batter will be very thin. 

           Pour into cupcake cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes test done with a toothpick.


3.Cool completely and frost with chocolate fudge frosting (recipe below).

Fudge Frosting
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

Directions
1.Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in a small saucepan on low heat.
2.In a large mixer bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
3. Let stand until spreadable, about 10 minutes (frosting will thicken as it cools).


NOTE: this frosting was REALLY thick when I followed the directions as stated. If I was to make it again I would decrease the confectioners sugar to 3 cups, then add milk, chocolate mix, then add the remaining milk and sugar as needed to make the consistency desired. 

Now all that is left is to eat and enjoy!


P.S. I did eat AND enjoy! So moist and fluffy. I will be keeping this recipe and using it again.

(Here is the link to the blog, http://www.deliciousasitlooks.com 
Go and check it out. Some amazing foods!)

No comments:

Post a Comment