About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanks snow much card

I needed a quick, cute little card to send a few Christmas thank you's out. I've seen a take on this but couldn't find the exact design I wanted so I came up with this little card.
Supplies:
Blue construction paper
White construction paper
Orange scrap paper
"Thank You Snow Much" created on word and printed out.
Black and Red marker
Ribbon
Silver sparkle glue

Cut your card to size. (I simply folded a 8 1/2 x 11 paper in half length wise and cut in half to make two 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 cards.)

I used scrap paper to free hand cut the bottom and head of the snowman. 



Add two eyes on top, add the nose pointing up to give it the illusion of looking upward. Add the smile.


Add your Thank You Snow Much on the top.


To put on the scarf I used glue dots, one on each side of the 'neck' then secured the ribbon. 


Next it is time to add the snow! I love my 'Stickles'. They are the best glitter glue that I have found. They flow easily, create a great look when they dry, and rarely clog up.

I just added little random dots of sparkles all over the page to create the look of falling snow.


Finally, instead of traditional buttons on my snowman, I was feeling extra loving and decided to add little heart buttons instead.


Now you have a cute and fun way to say 'Thank You'.

No comments:

Post a Comment