About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Snowman tealight

This year I wanted to give a small but cute little gift to some friends and co-workers. I was inspired by the many versions of snowman tea lights I'd seen on Pintrest. 


Start with battery powered tea lights, black puff paint, ribbon of your choice, and black construction paper. (Not pictured, scissors and hot glue gun.)


Cut a length of ribbon approximately 12 inches long. Fold in half and tie a knot about 2 inches down. This will be the hanger.


Put a dot of hot glue on the side of the tea light and adhered the knot. 
(After telling a friend about my burnt finger tips she suggested suing glue dots. Genius! I will be doing that next time. Also, it would make this craft much more kid friendly.)


Next tie the ribbon around the sides of the tea light and secure with glue.


Trim the ribbon but leave a little bit of hanging. This will be the snowman's scarf.


Cut a hat from black construction paper. I did not use a template. I just free handed it and sized it till i was happy. Once I was satisfied with the size I used it to cut the rest of the hats. 

Glue the hat on the top of the candle in front of the loop. 












Use the puff paint to make eyes and a mouth for the snowman. 


Now you have cute little snowmen ready to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment