About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snow Ice Cream

Do you have some freshly fallen snow? 

We seem to have plenty of it here in the Midwest and many schools are closed tomorrow so why not make a delicious treat and a wonderful memory at the same time? 

Homemade snow ice cream!

****Update: This year we tried ice-cream and sweet and condensed milk.
Success. A very sweet and creamy ice-cream.***

Ingredients:
4-6 cups of snow 
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 sugar 


Learn for my mistakes and DO NOT pour the milk directly into the snow!!!!!


Instead, mix the milk, sugar, and vanilla together and THEN spoon in the snow and mix.


(In my opinion it is more of and semi melted frosty consistency than actual ice cream) 


My family are chocoholics and will only settle for chocolate icecream. So I decided to add chocolate....


Stir.


Scoop.


Serve. 


Yum!


Update: This year we tried ice-cream and sweet and condensed milk.
Success. A very sweet and creamy ice-cream.

Second note. To the person putting the notes on Pintrest in regards to snow ice-cream:
  • "Even if you collect it in a bin there will still be a bunch of different environmental pollutants in it.... Regardless if it looks "clean" it really is not something that anybody should be putting into their bodies. Best idea would be to freeze filtered water and shave it yourself to make snow at home."

  • I say: 
    I'd rather do this than buy ice-cream full of processed chemicals! Eating snow is no different than drinking rain water or walking around in a city and breathing the polluted air. We've all survived this long. Let us enjoy the little things in life. The small bowl full that my child and I eat will not kill us and the memory we make will last a lifetime. All things in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment