About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Create Sign


I had a spare piece of plywood in the garage and an urge to create, so I did just that. I started with an overall gray base coat.


First I layed out painters tape in a chevron pattern, using a ruler to make sure the spacing was exact.


Next I painted dark blue stripes and removed the painters tape. I wiped on a dark stain then immediately wipes it off just to give it an aged look. 


I used sharpie to add the word 'create'. (I had originally attempted to paint the word but I learned my painting skills are lacking.) The colored sharpie actually worked great on this surface. 


Now all I need is to add a picture mount on the back and hang it above my crafting station!




No comments:

Post a Comment