About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I have fallen in love with my taco seasoning recipe. No more store-bought chemical filled, processed, mixtures for me! This is not only healthier than store bought but much easier on your wallet too.


Here is what you need: 


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp dried onions
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper

Gently mix all ingredients together in a bowl and store in an air tight container.

Use 2 large scoops of seasoning and 2/3 cup water per 1 pound of taco meat.




Notes:
*You can double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch.

*Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper and red pepper to create a spicier flavor.


*This will last for months (and even longer) stored with your other spices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment