About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Steel Cut Oats

The new trend for breakfast seems to be steel cut oats.

They need to cook for quite awhile and my morning schedule don't allow me much time, so I've opted to cook them in the crock pot....

Ingredients
1 cup Oats 
1 1/2 cups water 
2 cups Milk 
1 tbsp Butter
2 tablespoons Brown sugar
2 Apples chopped into small pieces  
1  tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla


The first step is to spray the crock pit with PAM. Don't skip this step or you will be doing a lot if scrubbing to get the burnt edges off the crock pot. Trust me. I learned the hard way. 


Next come the oats, water and milk. The oats don't look like traditional oatmeal. They look more like little pellets...


Finish by mixing in apples, sugar, and spices. Set to LOW heat and leave over night. In the morning a hot breakfast will be waiting for you and your kitchen will smell good!


YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment