About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Parmesan Truffle Popcorn

I love homemade popcorn. I believe that it is way better than microwave popcorn. 

It is easy too, just throw a few tablespoons of canola oil or peanut oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Add 1/2 cup of corn kernels. 
Turn heat on high. 
Give it a shake. 
As soon as you hear the first pop turn heard down to medium.  
When popping slows, turn off and remove from heat.


For tonights popcorn my husband requested parmesan truffle. 
Ingredients:
truffle oil
fresh grated parmesan cheese
pepper
chili powder
sea salt (not pictured)



Give the popcorn a spray with canola oil as you toss it around to get most of the popcorn. This helps the toppings stick to the popcorn.
(You can also drizzle 2 tbsp of melted butter. I prefer the spray because it is less fatting.)


Add about a 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese, a few shakes of pepper, a 1/2 tsp chili powder, and sea salt to taste. Toss all ingredients until popcorn seems evenly coated. Then drizzle a tablespoon of truffle oil and gently toss one more time. 



EAT and ENJOY!


Do you have a favorite homemade popcorn recipe? 



1 comment:

  1. Yum! We are making homemade popcorn tonight to go on our soup. One of our favorite ways to eat it!

    ReplyDelete