About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Dried Apple Bird Feeder (Pinterest fail)

I saw the cutest little pin the other day. It just screamed fall craft and right now I am slightly obsessed with fall. 

I just HAD to make it!

Here is what I did:
I sliced apples with my mandolin and dehydrated them.



Next I had my daughter help to string them on wire.


We added some cute ribbon.



Finally I hung it outside. 


Looks super cute outside, however two days later we had a huge rain storm.... All the apples rehydrated and turned to mush. ☔️😕 after that it attracted bees so I had to toss it out. 

I think if I was to redo this I would wait until winter and stick on a little birdseed with some peanut butter to give the birds more to eat. Also, I won't have to worry about rain or bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment