About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

3D Butterfly Art







This was a total Pintrest steal. The pin was originally from Etsy but I wasn't going to pay $25 for a project I could make at home.

Supplies:
Canvas
Paint
Cardstock in a range of similar hues
Cricut machine or a punch to cut out shapes


Coat an 8x8 mounted canvas it with black spray paint.


Cut out 15 to 20 of each butterfly in each shade at 1" each.





Use small Glue Dots to adhear the paper to painted canvas. If you use regular glue the paper may, and probably will, fall off easily.





To make the process faster I put multiple butterflies on the glue dot strips at once so I could work faster.





I chose to make a heart shape. You could make this become any shape you'd like. Start by placing one in the bottom and then work your way up using each hue.





When I got to the top I had a few butterflies "break off from the pack" and fly away. Just for a fun effect.





Finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment