I started out with an old halloween costume of my husband that I thought would be easer to modify
than starting from scratch with material and a pattern.
I took of 1/2 the length of each sleeve, about 5 inches off the bottom and a 4 inch section of the back.
I re-hemmed everything and it fit pretty good.
Next challenge, covering up the adult words on the costume. Not swear words, but adult humor using to create a Dr. Name that would not be so appropriate for a child.
As you can see by the picture on the left, the iron on idea didn't work so well….
After some brainstorming I decided to use 'patches' to cover up the wording and then put on a new Doc name tag. But while doing so i ended up accidentally swing the sleeve shut, so had to rip it out and resew it.
|Notice that these images are printed incorrectly.|
They should look like a mirror image when printed
so when they are ironed on they look correct.
I love the Avery Inkjet printable transfer paper! Its a budget saver. A few clip art pictures from the internet, print, and iron on.
Remember to flip the image before you print! (Thankfully I realized this ahead of time.)
These images are ironed on upside down so if you don't flip the image before you print it you will end up reprinting the images a second time.