About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Evaluate Your Options: Homemade Fruit Snacks

My child loves fruit snacks. I don't particularly think they are great but there is something about fruit snacks that kids LOVE.

I have searched for "healthier" options. 
I tend to lean towards Mott's or Annie's when I buy them. Since starting this clean eating change I have held off, not wanting to purchase food full of sugar and corn syrup. 

But... have you ever thought making your own? 

I never had, until I saw a few Pinterest posts about homemade fruit snacks. 

Now I am intrigued. 

The Land of Nod blog really interested me. 

http://blog.landofnod.com/honest-to-nod/2014/08/kelsey-nixon-diy-fruit-snacks.html

Another great recipe is here on Wellness Mama. 


I don't have the little cute shaped molds but I saw a few versions of the recipe that just cut them into tiny squares. That would easily do the trick for me. 

Have any of you made fruit snacks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment