About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gluten Free Lasagna


I tried a new gluten free noodle today. A lasagna noodle!

The box says oven ready. I tried them the first time without cooking and it did not work!!! They were crunchy and over all not good. This time I cooked them for about 10 minutes and then drained them.



The only complaint I have it they really stuck together, both while cooking and when I drained them. I had to run water over them and carefully pull them apart one by one. Also, they a bit shorter than a traditional lasagna noodle so I had to cut (or use the ripped pieces) to fill the pan.

But after getting the lasagna assembled it cooked beautifully and tasted wonderful. 
I used my homemade ricotta with this (of course) and it made it absolutely delicious! 



I would say the noodles were a success.  It was so good that my husband had to double check with me that I used gluten free noodles, as he said, "This tastes so normal, are you sure you used gluten free noodles?"

No comments:

Post a Comment