About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pear-licious!

My friend kindly have me LOTS of pears from her back yard tree. (My guess was about 20lbs.)


I decided to make pear sauce. It's just like applesauce but I like it even more.

Note, I would never attempt this without my kitchen-aide!


I had all 20 lbs done in about 3 hours. 
Step 1: wash pears.
Step 2: chop pears into quarters and get rid of stem/seeds.
Step 3: boil till soft.
Step 4: run through kitchen aide strainer attachment
Optional step: (add cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar if you'd like.)
Step 5: put into freezer bags (or containers)
Step 6: clean up and sit down with a big bowl of warm pear sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment